A lot of people are posting requests asking for a particular snippet in the comments section of this blog.
By all means, continue to do so, we do enjoy tackling the more generic and broadly useful requests… but we just can’t tackle all of them, and not in a timely manner.
So if you need help with code, and you need it fairly soon, please consider also opening a discussion on the Esri geonet site.
Once upon a time, there was but a single tech workshop at the Esri international user conference which featured everybody’s favorite scripting language. No longer is the Python offering so paltry. Behold, the 2014 user conference technical workshops & demo theaters returned when you search for “python”.
Consult the online agenda for date and time when these are offered.
- Python: Getting started
- Python: Beyond the Basics
- Python: Map Automation
- Python Map Automation: An Introduction to arcpy.mapping
- Python Map Automation: Beyond the Basics of arcpy.mapping
- Python: Raster Analysis
- Python: Building Geoprocessing Tools
- Python for Analysis
- Analyzing Multidimensional Scientific Data in ArcGIS
- Automating Geodatabase Creation with Geoprocessing Tools
- Creating Geoprocessing Services
- Desktop Mapping: Building Map Books
- ArcGIS Online: Administering your ArcGIS Organization Through Scripting
- ArcGIS for Server Administrative Scripting and Automation
- ArcGIS Network Analyst: Automating Workflows with Geoprocessing
- Integrating Open-Source Statistical Packages with ArcGIS
- Useflul Python Libraries for The GIS Professional
Demo theater presentations
- Administering ArcGIS for Server with Python
- Building Live Data Feeds Using Python
- Consuming Geoprocessing and Hosted Analytic Services in ArcGIS for Desktop
- Debugging Python Scripts
- Esri Production Mapping: Automating Map Production Workflows Using the ArcPyProduction Site Package
- Geoprocessing on Image Services
- Getting Started With Map Algebra Using the Raster Calculator and Python
- Getting Started with Python in ArcGIS
- Interacting with the ArcGIS Server Admin API using Python
- Managing an Online Data Warehouse: Using Python to Publish Data to ArcGIS Online
- Python Add-ins: Tips and Tricks